It’s no wonder why Autumn is many peoples most adored season. It’s the perfect excuse to stay in bed all day with a blanket, hot chocolate and a warming film. It’s also the perfect opportunity to start preparing for Winter. Some people will be dying inside because they know they have to get their hats and scarves out ready for the bitter cold and it means an end to Summer, but there’s an endless list of reasons to love everything Autumn offers. But we’ll stick with the top 15…
- On a completely superficial note, Autumn is beautiful, My favourite thing has to be the array of colours amongst the leaves; it brightens up my whole day – it makes a nice change from being surround by green! It also makes for a gorgeous scenic photograph.
- Now who doesn’t love sweater weather? I love being able to go everywhere in my comfiest, warmest jumpers and scarves. Don’t even try to tell me you’re not happy as Larry when you can finally get your fall wardrobe back out.
- Isn’t sitting by the fire all wrapped up in a blanket with a hot drink the most cosy feeling you get? It’s complete bliss, even the crackling of the fire makes everything just feel homely.
- Walking outside on a frosty autumn morning and taking in a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air somehow feels so relaxing. It’s like the time of year the air is the freshest and I least mind getting out of bed… despite the bitter cold.
- Who else remembers conkers? It’s the season they start dropping off the trees for kids to collect for a legendary conker battle in the playground. Don’t you miss childhood?
- Ahh, Autumn, the season of pumpkins! Especially since you’ll have so much after carving your jack-o-lantern. As soon as it begins you know it’s time for that luxury pumpkin spice latter to be brought out of hiding.
- I know what you’re thinking… mulled wine this far down the list? That warm mix of spices on your taste buds is delicious, who could resist a cheeky glass? The festive season is the time to be merry and bright…
- We’re all aware that when Autumn comes around it’s a sign of the start of the festive season. Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas… and we love it all! Halloween is an especially popular autumn favourite and we all have an undeniable love of pumpkin carving and creepy costumes.
- Apples! Caramel apples, apple cider, apple pie and so much more!
- Ever walked past a bakery on a frosty Autumn day and there’s just heaps of delicious smelling cinnamon travelling into your smell zone? That’s because it’s so much more popular during fall. Once Autumn hits, everyone gets the cinnamon out of hiding and sprinkles some on everything. Rolls, muffins, buns, waffles, tea… what could be better?!
- Remember, remember the 5th November. Candy floss, fairground rides, fireworks, Guy Fawkes burning on the fire – everything that contributes to a perfect bonfire night. Who doesn’t adore dressing up warm and watching he fireworks overhead?
- The problem with Summer is having no excuse to stay in bed all day, you’re practically forced down to the local pub for a couple drinks because the sun has made a brief appearance amongst the clouds. Autumn months are the perfect excuse to become a hermit crab and hide away from everyone for a while… everyone else secretly wants to do the same anyway.
- Fall fashion is my favourite kind. Hats, scarves, mittens and warm, cosy coats! Fall fashion is my favourite of all with all of it’s eye-catching colours.
- Summer is mainly just hot, muggy weather (in most places, anyway) and the heat often gets too much for us, leaving us all sweating throughout the day. But, in Autumn, the mornings are crisp and it’s a constant refreshing breeze all day, even if it is a little chilly. At least you get what you expect in Autumn, Summer proves disappointing almost every year..
- And finally, Autumn in itself. I don’t know one person who doesn’t love everything about this beautiful season. My problem is that it lasts only a few short months… Finally, Autumn in itself is just beautiful. Stunning scenery, fresh air, seasonal spices and flavours… the only problem is that it’s too short!
So that’s everything I love about Autumn in a nutshell… what are your favourite things about Autumn? Tweet us @BorderOffStyle with the hashtag #FallFavourites!
With over 25,000 products, you can be sure Border Office Style has a comprehensive range of quality products to tailor to your specific needs.
Shop online now to find everything you’ll ever need for your complete workplace solution.